XD4 Extreme Density Wi-Fi 802.11ac 4x radio Wave 2 AP
Thousands connecting at once? Xirrus XD4 (Extreme Density) Wi-Fi Access Points are designed with a wireless controller, firewall, and threat sensor built directly into the device. This reduces equipment requirements by 75%. And the scalable design lets you more efficiently upgrade your network.
Xirrus XD4 AP is offered with two models: 3×3 Wave 1 (1.3 Gbps) and 4×4 Wave 2 (3.47 Gbps) 802.11ac options. Custom-build the system that best meets your needs.
The XD4 integrates four 802.11ac capable radios and optimizes performance with automated RF configuration. The XD platform, paired with Xirrus award winning XMS cloud management system, delivers groundbreaking performance and simplicity.
With most traditional wireless solutions, a central controller oversees the operation and maintenance of tens to hundreds of APs at once. In these networks, a single controller failure will impact the operation of all connected APs and their users. However as businesses add capacity to their network, they also need to add more controllers at significant expense and complexity. XD Wi-Fi integrates the controller function into every AP, reducing system costs and improving overall system reliability.
TurboXpress, featured on all XD APs, allows administrators to configure every radio on the AP for high-speed 802.11ac operation, with the click of a mouse, providing an instant Wi-Fi performance boost of up to 6x. The TurboXpress feature means that the Xirrus XD AP is the only solution in the industry that can add wireless capacity instantaneously without adding APs. XD Wi-Fi integrates a set of powerful network services including:
- acXpress: Separate high-speed 802.11ac from low-speed Wi-Fi clients to optimize performance for all clients and ensure the best user experience.
- Application Control: Ensure predictable Wi-Fi traffic performance and enforce policies for more than 1400 business-critical applications through integrated application visibility and control directly on the AP
Thousands connecting at once ? Xirrus XD (Extreme Density) Wi-Fi access points deliver extreme performance in high-density environments such as classrooms, auditoriums, libraries and training centers. Integrated with four 802.11ac radios with high-gain directional antennas, XD4 APs support four times more users while decreasing cost of ownership up to 50% versus 2-radio solutions.
- Cloud-managed Wi-Fi option with zero-touch provisioning
- Integrated application control to ensure reliable Wi-Fi performance
- Distributed intelligence with integrated controller for no single point of failure
- Superior user experience with optimized RF controls
- Simplified user access with EasyPass for guests, employees and BYOD
- Chassis Dimensions: 25.4 mm Diameter
- Number of radio : 4
- Supported Standards: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Wave 1 and Wave 2 models
- Total Number of Radios: 4x 2.4GHz / 5GHz - software programmable
- Radio Type: 802.11ac, 3x3 - 1.3 Gbps or 4x4 -3.47 Gbps
- MIMO Technology: SU-MIMO and MU-MIMO
- Wi-Fi Bandwidth: 5.2 or 13.88 Gbps
- Wi-Fi Threat Sensor: Yes
- Integrated Antennas: 12 or 16
- Maximum Associated Devices: 780
- Wired Uplinks - support four modes 802.3ad (Aggregate traffic), broadcast, link-backup (failover), load balancing: 2x1GbE or 1 GbE + 1x 1/2.5 GbE
- Maximum Power Consumption: 25.5 or 38 W
XD4-130 High Density AP, 4x 802.11ac 1.3 Gbps 3x3 (Wave 1) radios with integrated controller and 802.11ac license
XD4-240 High Density AP, 4x 802.11ac 3.47 Gbps 4x4 MU-MIMO (Wave 2) radios with integrated controller and 802.11ac license
AOS-APPCON Application Control license to enable Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for application visibility and control on 1 modular radio